Sunday, 26 October 2008
i didn't do much today. A level's like so soon so soon... :(
I tried to study Bio, i end up reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad book that taught me what assets and liabilities do to my income and expenses ><
After that, I surfed the net and checked the cornell's website. I realise it is really troublesome to apply for financial aid. I need to estimate the assets my parents own and look at the net income per capita that sort of thing.
How am I going to do that when my parents don't even allow me to study overseas at all! I also don't know who to approach to help me calculate all necessary parts, I don't know what investments my Dad made at all. The best thing is, signatures are required from both of my parents. I really really really don't know how to open my mouth to get permission from my Dad for overseas education.
I know its really dumb to be worrying over this now.. I should just finish A levels first and see what i can do next. Maybe, i will just stay in Singapore to study business if my situation is like Shu Hui's :(
Anyway, I asked my Dad how much he earns each month today. He asked alot of questions and I just kept saying I was asking out of fun. He merely told me to calculate his monthly car installments ($3000+ for his Chrysler Touring, $2000+ for my brother's Toyota Camry and $600+ for his Honda City). I didn't even noe he earn that much each month, all these expenses are not inclusive of my family's expenses (housekeeping fee, tuition, school fees, food etc), house mortgage, stocks (i heard from my brother he plays in the stock market), labour wages (erm he owns his own shipping business), his cigarettes and I don't know what else. Haiz, i really don't know if I should study overseas or not. If i really do, i most likely gonna eat up lotsa money just to get me a bachelor or masters in hospitality management, which I can easily get in Singapore if I don't expect too much, if i don't desire for overseas experience. Ok, i am super super confused now, I don't really want my dad and mum to work so hard so hard just for my own desires :(
Thats why scholarships and financial aids are so important to me. :( I hope I can get it, I did really badly for all my school exams and I really regretted terribly now. I must really get all As for my National Exam. All my subjects must be at least a B, just like O levels.
Work hard work hard, 1 more week.
I tried to study Bio, i end up reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad book that taught me what assets and liabilities do to my income and expenses ><
After that, I surfed the net and checked the cornell's website. I realise it is really troublesome to apply for financial aid. I need to estimate the assets my parents own and look at the net income per capita that sort of thing.
How am I going to do that when my parents don't even allow me to study overseas at all! I also don't know who to approach to help me calculate all necessary parts, I don't know what investments my Dad made at all. The best thing is, signatures are required from both of my parents. I really really really don't know how to open my mouth to get permission from my Dad for overseas education.
I know its really dumb to be worrying over this now.. I should just finish A levels first and see what i can do next. Maybe, i will just stay in Singapore to study business if my situation is like Shu Hui's :(
Anyway, I asked my Dad how much he earns each month today. He asked alot of questions and I just kept saying I was asking out of fun. He merely told me to calculate his monthly car installments ($3000+ for his Chrysler Touring, $2000+ for my brother's Toyota Camry and $600+ for his Honda City). I didn't even noe he earn that much each month, all these expenses are not inclusive of my family's expenses (housekeeping fee, tuition, school fees, food etc), house mortgage, stocks (i heard from my brother he plays in the stock market), labour wages (erm he owns his own shipping business), his cigarettes and I don't know what else. Haiz, i really don't know if I should study overseas or not. If i really do, i most likely gonna eat up lotsa money just to get me a bachelor or masters in hospitality management, which I can easily get in Singapore if I don't expect too much, if i don't desire for overseas experience. Ok, i am super super confused now, I don't really want my dad and mum to work so hard so hard just for my own desires :(
Thats why scholarships and financial aids are so important to me. :( I hope I can get it, I did really badly for all my school exams and I really regretted terribly now. I must really get all As for my National Exam. All my subjects must be at least a B, just like O levels.
Work hard work hard, 1 more week.
20:25
